Terms and Conditions of your HeatingCare.co.uk Boiler Quotation and Contract
1. Please read this carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about the terms on which we will deal with each other when you have accepted this quotation for HeatingCare.co.uk to install Central Heating equipment in your home.
2. The quoted price is valid at the time of quotation but may have increased if your order is placed at a later date, and in any event is always subject to installation taking place within 90 days of the date on which the contract is signed.
3. We have quoted the cost of installing Central Heating equipment as discussed with you and set out on the quotation form. Once you have accepted this quotation, we agree to install the Central Heating equipment on the terms set out in this document.
4. We will carry out all the work set out in the quotation at the quoted price and during normal working hours, which are 8.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Friday. There will be an additional charge for any variation or additions to the work which you request, or which we find to be necessary whilst we are doing the work and which could not reasonably have been identified when we gave the original quotation. In such a situation, we will explain to you the reasons for the additional work and let you know in advance what the cost of this additional work will be.
5. If you want us to work outside normal working hours, it may be necessary for us to make an additional charge, which we will agree with you in advance of the work commencing. We will need access to your property at all times whilst we are doing the work.
6. The time estimate provided for doing the work is our best estimate, and we will make every reasonable effort to complete the work on time. However, we cannot be held responsible for delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control. In such situations, we will agree alternative dates with you.
7. The quoted price does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste material, such as asbestos, which we become aware of only when the work has commenced. Such work will be at an extra cost, the amount of which we will agree with you in advance. When you have had any asbestos removed, a clean air certificate must be provided before we will do any further work at your property.
8. If you are a tenant, you may need your landlord's permission to carry out the work detailed in this quotation. HeatingCare.co.uk will assume that you have obtained such permission. We shall not have any liability for any loss or damage arising from failure to obtain such permission.
9. It is your responsibility to ensure before we start the work, that there is adequate gas supply to your home. If necessary, we can put you in touch with Transco, to arrange this. If no adequate gas supply exists after 90 days from the date of this contract, we have the right, should we wish, to cancel the contract at no cost to us.
10. We may require you to take up all or some carpets and floor coverings, including tongue and grooved, parquet, hardwood, rubber or tiled floors, before we start the work, and we will give you as much notice as possible if we need you to do so. Alternatively, it may be possible for us to do this work for you at a cost which we will agree in advance. In both cases it will be your responsibility to replace the flooring when the work is completed. You may decide to call a specialist contractor to do this work for you.
11. We will take all reasonable care to carry out the work without causing unnecessary damage to your home, and will make good plaster work where necessary, but you accept that the installation (including removing or destroying existing fixtures and fittings) may cause damage to decorations and fittings both internally and externally. It is anticipated that certain areas may need redecoration following completion of the installation. This will be your responsibility and is not included in the price.
12. Where we need to connect new equipment to your existing central heating system we will not accept liability for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system which subsequently develops faults. Nor will we accept liability where your central heating systems does not function properly because your water supply becomes inadequate or the water pressure is variable, unless we have been negligent in our specification or the way we carried out the work.
13. We will not accept liability if we cannot fulfil our side of the contract for reasons which are beyond our control, such as fire, accidents, war, adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes and lock outs which we are not directly involved in. We will only be liable for losses that are foreseeable.
14. To carry out the work as quickly as possible, we may need to use sub-
Terms & Condition cont...